Friday, May 15, 2015

Has it been a month since my last post?

I couldn't believe it when I saw that my last blog post was almost one month ago.  Have I been that busy?

YES! 

It seems like eons ago that my heart was racing preventing me from doing anything.  The fear that it may go even faster scared me to death.  After having a racing fit while working in my flower beds and mowing, I decided to take it easy for awhile.  So I didn't dare work outside last summer.
This Summer, I am doing the things I used to do, it makes me happy!  I've had a few fast heart beats, a little dizziness and some sleepless nights, but all in all, it's been good for me.  As for the thyroid problems, they're proving to be a pain in the butt (oops, did I say that?).  But that's another story in itself...still trying to find a doctor that takes this thing seriously since I'm getting older by the minute!

 Between painting, gardening, mowing, washing down the house, cleaning porches and decks...this is just a few of the things I've gotten accomplished.   Remember, I've not blogged in a month, so a lot is being skipped over, lol.


We have a huge cement pad in front of our home with a large graveled driveway.  I wanted some greenery around our home, but with all of that cement and gravel, it proved to be a daunting task to figure it out.  Most people have shrubs and flowerbeds around their home, but we can't.  I do look forward to Spring for the flowers in the planters for some green.  I decided to plant some trees in these black urns for the front....they did the trick!  Once I can buy some more flowers, I think the front of the house will look great with the garage door that I painted.


Some Mother's Day flowers from my sweet little family.

I decided to do a white theme this year...gasp, no pink!  Can you believe it?!


I found the little sign in the garage the other day while cleaning it out.  One of those sweet surprises I forgot all about.


Our front porch....truly a gathering spot for everyone.  The breeze all year long is quite nice sitting here and relaxing.


I love this little table and I moved the window to here instead of at the bottom of the stairs.  The double impatiens will do better in the shade.  A perfect welcoming to any guest.


Can you remember this window being inside hanging over a sofa?


On an outing with my Mom, I found this gorgeous heart wreath...the beauty of the pink roses definitely over rode the "white theme" I had planned.


My snowball bush is overflowing with blooms this year.  I usually never cut my flowers and use them because I always feel so guilty.  But this year, I decided it had plenty to share with me.


I think this is my favorite for the porch...it's definitely a reminder to me and any that visit.


I've had this little sign for over 10 years...it has weathered well.


And my other favorite...our swing.  I grew up with a HUGE porch and a swing.  There is something about laying and swinging in the evening that is so relaxing to me.  This swing used to be on Mammaw's porch so it's near and dear to my heart!


Now isn't this a gorgeous grouping?!  An old jar carrier with some blue mason jars are a perfect place to showcase some clippings from my flowers.


On the way to the back deck, we'll say hi to Gabe taking a rest in the new soft mulch.  He's such a good ole dog!


The weather sure does beat this space to death making it a task to clean it all up for Summer!  The white turns green and brown....

Nothing a little scrubbing and fresh paint can't take care of!


See the chippy bench...I still need to paint them.  But the petunias sure do look pretty in this French stand!


 A few clippings made their way to the old insulators.  I made them into a little stand that can hold candles or flowers on the table.

See the birdhouse in the back?  I just made it the other day from an old post and a light fixture.  


An old bed spring holds an insulator that sits with an angel my Mom bought me over 20 years ago.  Sweet memories inside and out!


And one for the road...one of the rugs I finally painted!  I spilled paint on this one years ago and haven't gotten to it until today.  It was still drying in this photo, but I wanted to share it with you.  I have another one coming soon but I ran out of paint, lol.

Please excuse the flowerless flower boxes...this gal hasn't had the time nor money to buy what I want!

Thanks for stopping by.  I sure do hope you all have a blessed weekend!




7 comments:

  1. dear melanie!
    i love your style very, very much.
    have a nice day
    kuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie,
    everything looks so charming and inviting.Once again you did a great job..I love everything I see.I´m sure that you have flowers in a little while,I didn´t even miss them in the great pictures until you mentioned it.Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, I love all your sitting areas. I hope you can find a great doctor to help you. My daughter just had her thyroid removed. It was enlarged and had nodes but thankfully the biopsy was benign. She will be on meds forever though. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie it's no wonder your heart was beating so fast with all that you have done outside of the house! lol It looks amazing! Relax this weekend and take good care of yourself. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you are feeling better. Take care of yourself and don't over do. Your house looks very nice and love the porch - so relaxing and love the swing. I grew up with one also. It was out in the yard and I would sit there for hours - swing and read away.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better, Melanie. Your home looks beautiful and I love all the sweet touches you have outside. The exterior of your home echoes the inside perfectly. Love it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most perfect deck I have ever seen. If my yard could look like this I would be very happy. I don't seem to be able to grow a thing, so I have some nice quality Ikea faux plants that seem to be standing up well. Loved your birdhouse made from a lantern. I'm hoping to try that. I Pinned almost every photo from this post. It was worth the 1 month wait.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie