Wednesday, June 19, 2013

More slipcovers for the commode and a little lamp

I sure hope you all don't get bored with me and my slipcovers.
I had an offer from Salvaged To Sassy for Reclaimed Goods some time ago to sell my things in her shop.  After praying and thinking about it for awhile now, I finally thought "what the heck"...
She does so many wonderful things with the pieces she finds and I love that she opened up her own little shop.  It's close to me so I can pop in and I am really thankful for her generosity!

So, I thought, what would I do?  My slipcovers!  There would be no competition between her and I  (I definitely don't want to step on any toes since it's her shop)...so I pulled out the sewing machine yet once again.

I made another commode cover and added
more ruffles on this one, can ya tell?
And do you see the little lamp?


She's (and yes, all of my lovlies are "she's")so lovely with the shade slipcovered!  I tell ya...I absolutely adore slipcovered shades!

I've made pillows, valances and am planning on making a few bigger shade covers tomorrow.  Oh wait...it is tomorrow.  3 am to be exact...I better get to bed so I can get a few hours of sleep to be able to sew a straight line later.  
~Nitey Nite~

6 comments:

  1. Your slipcovers are beautiful--I am sure they will sell really well. I don't know how you get so much one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Melanie,
    I'm always stopping by to see what you create .... such beautiful, FUN pretties always !! I'm NOT such a good blogger anymore myself, but, do enjoy popping into to see my favorites often ... soo much inspiration ... I was wondering IF there is ANYWAY I could order a seat cover from you !! My favorite is the one with ALL the ruffles !! I tried to find an email address for you, but, didn't see one !! Maybe I missed it tho.. Thanks for sharing such sweetness all the time.. your home is sooo pretty and romantic .... love that you LOVE Rachel Ashwell fabrics as much as myself !!! Can NEVER have to much of that !!! I'm a PINK girlie, soooo have lots of that from her ... makes my heart sing ... Well sweetie, lmk what you think .. my email is willmotan@aol.com ... Have a wonderfully blessed day ... Hugs ~Tanza~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED some of YOUR energy!!!!! :) I would commission you to make me a commode cover, a commode lid & tank cover, a rug, and a shower curtain to match in BLUSH PINK if you were commissionable! Lol!!! You will sell what you are offering quickly, no doubt! I wish I lived close
    to you and I'd just come snatch whatever you whip up, up before anyone else got a chance! Lol!! You have good taste AND my taste!!! :) Good luck with your new adventure and keep us informed as to how it's going, I look forward to it! Love and squishies comin' at ya ~ Judy aka JudyBug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new venture. Love the ruffles on the seat cover and lamp. Good luck.....
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie,
    Oh my I love that little lamp. How adorable is that and the slipcover ruffled lamp shade is so cute. Oh how I wish I could sew. I am living vicariously through you!!!! Keep up the cute sewing projects. Everything is so adorable.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! I love ruffles and these are so sweet! That lamp is awesome! Congrats on making the decision to sell in a shop! I'm sure your items will be very popular! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie