Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My spin on a chaise lounge




I bought a chaise lounge from facebook yardsale the other day and I have to admit, I thought it would match perfectly with our downstairs retreat.  By the photo it looked as if it were a silver/blue color but after bringing it home...it just didn't match.  Well of course I knew what I had to do...slipcover it!

 
The back pillow was attached, so I decided to cut it off since I had done it before with a chair of mine.  I don't know why they make them attached like that!
 
 
I had some sheets that belonged to my oldest daughter that had seen better days...speckled with holes.  I have loved them with their little blue paisley print and thought what the heck!  I had a little bit of a "British Rose" shower curtain left and some left over gimp.  I went and bought a dust ruffle since I was feeling a little lazy.
 
 
I think it all goes so well together and ties in with the rest of the fabric I have used in this space. 
 
 
The dust ruffle really helped on not having to hem and make a ruffle.  My kind of job...EASY!
 
 
I took off the fabric that was on the chair and saved it for my Mama since it's the perfect shade of blue for her.  She wants me to either slipcover or upholster a chair for her so I thought it would work and save her a few pennies.
 
The chase is filled with down and after taking off the fabric, it is so soft and cushy...perfectly shabby comfiness!
 
 
I think this will be my spot since the hubs loves to lay on the sofa.  I love propping my feet up, so this will work so much nicer than that hard coffee table.....
 
 
I purchased an armoire some time ago and recently painted it.  I put it upstairs and brought the one from there to here.  This one is much taller than the original one here which  means I didn't feel the urge to add things to the top(nothing but a dust magnet).  Lot's of moving heavy things in two days, but so worth it!
 
 
We spend lots of time down here, so I want it to be comfy and the slipcovers are perfect for throwing in the wash since we snack here.  This space has one window, so all of the white works wonders!
 
Well, I'm off to take a shower and pop some popcorn...I'm gonna enjoy that little chaise tonight, so sweet dreams ya'll!
 
 



 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Loved seeing this on FB and now even more photos here! I love this room--so peaceful and sweet. Love the colors. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This nook in the bedroom is one of my favorite spots and I know that chaise is going to get a LOT of use! If it proves to be as comfortable as it looks, you may have a fight on your hands...LOL! It's simply beautiful and I'm so happy that you were able to find enough of the British Rose fabric to use on the slipcover. Thanks for saving the original fabric--let's keep our fingers crossed that it's enough to cover my chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the idea of using a dust ruffle for the skirt. The fabrics you used work so well for this space, too. It all looks very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You transformed this chaise beautifully! It looks so comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chair looks so comfy and I love your room the soft blue walls are so sweet!!!
    Beautiful room
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie, I just LOVE this transformation you worked on this chaise!! It's beautiful, and looks so comfy and perfect!! Now, you have got to tell me more about this "facebook yardsale"! You find the greatest stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a great job on the chaise Melanie, it looks beautiful !! I wish I could sew like you do !! I always enjoy looking at every single picture you have : ) Thank you for sharing your beautiful talent with us !! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and lovely inspirational blog.
    Alice from Prague

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie